How To Get In Touch
5 Fellows Road, ACTON ACT 2600, Ground Floor
Monday - Friday: 10am - 4pm
OVER THE PHONE
+61 6125 3483
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Please note out offices are closed on ACT Public Holidays.
If you need to talk to someone about your degree, courses or wellbeing, please book an appointment with a student advisor. Currently, we offer appointments over Zoom or phone. Our appointments are run through CareerHub. You will need to set up an account using your university email address if you have not already done so.
Book an Appointment
We are available for appointments:
- Mondays: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Tuesdays: 10am - 11:30am
- Thursdays: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
If you are a prospective student or do not yet have access to your university email address, please call us on 6125 3483 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a time to meet with you.
If you are not available during the above periods but still wish to book an appointment, please send us an email summarising your questions to email@example.com, along with your phone number, and we will do our best to accommodate you. Alternatively, you can always present yourself at the front counter during opening hours.
We provide advice on the following:
- Study patterns: what to enrol in
- Degree progression / expected completion dates
- Program Extension
- Credit transfers
- Graduation assessment
- Late withdrawal from a course
- Overload your enrolment
- Permission codes
- Program leave - domestic
- Program leave - international
- Program transfer (degree transfer)
- Reduced study load (international students)
- Student appointments
- Clinical courses
- Cross-institutional study
- Study abroad
- Study tour courses
- Exchange (Global Programs)
Courses, Examination and Assessments
- Class Summaries (formerly course outlines)
- Assessment Extension Requests
- Special Assessment Consideration
- Language backgrounds other than English (LBOTE) Assessment Arrangements
- Deferred examination
- Return of examination papers:
- Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, all ANU College of Law examinations will be conducted online for Semester 1 2021.
- Dean’s certificates
- Academic conduct report
- Letter of completion for Admission to Practice
- Enrolment Letters
- Academic grievance, appeals and Feedback
- Admission enquiries
- College Scholarship and Prizes
- eCoEs (International students)
- Locker Hire (Building 5, ground floor)
The ANU College of Law has lockers available for law students to hire during the academic year.
Before requesting a locker, please take note of the below:
- Lockers are available from O-week until the end of the examination period.
- There is no fee to hire a locker.
- Students must bring their own padlock (suitcase size) and provide a piece of photo ID before taking possession of a locker.
- There are not enough lockers for every student. Lockers will be distributed on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis.
- We will not keep a ‘waiting list’ for lockers.
- All lockers must be vacated at the end of examination period, in semester 2.
To take possession of a locker, students will need to present themselves at the College Student Administration and Education Support office, during front counter opening hours.