Dr Dominique Dalla-Pozza is a senior lecturer at ANU College of Law.
1. Tell us a bit about yourself including what brought you to ANU.
I came to ANU in 2009. It was my first full-time, ongoing academic job, and I was really excited because I always wanted to live in Canberra.
2. What do you enjoy most about working at the ANU College of Law?
Being at a place that takes law reform seriously
3. What is your favourite spot on campus?
The upper floors of Chifley Library
4. How do you relax away from university?
I watch way too much science fiction - Dr Who, Star Trek (all iterations) Star Wars
5. How would you describe Canberra in three words?
A country town
6. What inspired you to pursue academia?
The protest marches throughout the streets of Sydney in early 2003 as the changes to the ASIO legislation post-9/11 that were being enacted by the Commonwealth Parliament
7. What was your dream job as a child?
To star in a Broadway musical
8. If you could meet one historical figure, who would it be?
Aurelia (Julius Caesar’s mum)
9. Who’s your favourite fictional character?
This is tough. I have many. I’ve always loved Jo March, but my favourite Captain of The Enterprise is Jean-Luc Picard, with Jonathan Archer a close second.
10. What’s a project or hobby you’re currently working on that motivates you?
I like to embroider, and my daughter has asked me to embroider her name on some bath towels. I might actually get some time to do that over the coming months.
11. What’s your favourite quote?
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.” - JRR Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
12. What’s the secret to working from home successfully?
I haven’t found it yet. Do let me know if someone else does.
13. Who is someone you look up to?
Laura Tingle. She does amazing political analysis and has one of the best jewellery collections on Australian television.
14. What was the last book you read?
False Value by Ben Aaronovitch (Book 8 of the Rivers of London series)
15. What’s an underrated movie?
16. What’s your favourite dish?
Anything with chocolate in it
17. What’s your favourite place in Canberra to visit?
The Museum of Australian Democracy
18. What’s your favourite song or playlist to work to?
I have one playlist which I have been listening to since my daughter was born. She’s seven. I am a creature of habit. It starts with Rainbow Connection from The Muppet Movie. That was the song my husband and I danced to at our wedding. The next song is A Very Nice Prince from Into the Woods.
19. What’s a skill you’d like to learn?
How to use Dropbox properly. How lucky that I will now have the opportunity.
20. What advice would you give to others feeling uneasy during this time?
Staying in touch with people is how I am trying to keep myself on an even keel. A good chat always makes me feel better. So please let me know if you want to talk.
See more Humans of ANU Law here