- Vice-Chancellor Professor Brian P Schmidt AC
Join the University for the 2016 Malaysia ANU Alumni and Friends Reception hosted by the Vice-Chancellor Professor Brian P Schmidt AC.
RSVP by 30 September 2016.
- The Hon Justice John Griffiths, Federal Court of Australia
- Professor Donald R. Rothwell
Professor Stephen Bottomley, Dean ANU College of Law, invites you to an informal gathering hosted by Professor Donald R. Rothwell, Deputy Dean, ANU College of Law, with distinguished ANU law alumni living and working in Singapore.
- The Hon. Chief Justice Robert French, Chief Justice of the High Court
- Michael Mansell, Secretary, Aboriginal Provisional Government
- Representation of the Indigenous people in the law reform
- Constitutional recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
- Law reform and Indigenous People
- Twenty five years on: the Royal Commission into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody
- Initiatives to increase participation rates of Indigenous students in law school, the legal profession and in research
- Will Bateman, University of Cambridge
The High Court’s decisions in the Williams v The Commonwealth cases wrought a radical change to the settled understanding of the constitutional allocation of financial power between the parliament and executive government — even where appropriation legislation exists, the Commonwealth cannot spend most public money without additional and specific authorising legislation.
- Mr Bill Campbell QC
- Ms Katrina Cooper
- Associate Professor David Letts
- Professor Donald R Rothwell
On 12 July 2016, the Annex VII Tribunal on the South China Sea maritime dispute unanimously decided that there was no legal foundation under the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea for China's nine-dash line and that China had supported activities infringing the Philipines' fishing and maritime rights.
- Justin Gleeson SC, Solicitor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia.
- Professor Stephen Bottomley
Professor Stephen Bottomley, Dean of the ANU College of Law, invites you to the inaugural Sydney Law Alumni Reception for alumni living and working in Sydney.
Be recognised with a postgraduate qualification from ANU.
If you’re considering taking your career to the next level, a postgraduate degree from the ANU College of Law provides the knowledge, understanding and insight demanded by leading employers across Australia and around the world. During our online information session, you'll be able to find out more on a diverse range of postgraduate programs.
- Leanne Smith, Chief of Policy & Best Practice Service, Department of Peacekeeping Operations, UN