Postgraduate Commonwealth supported places (CSPs)

A Commonwealth supported place (CSP) is a place at a university or higher education provider where the government pays part of your fees. This is a subsidy, not a loan, and you don't have to pay it back. This subsidy does not cover the entire cost of your study. You pay the other part—this is called your student contribution amount. With a CSP, you will pay the equivalent of undergraduate fees for your graduate coursework program. You must pay your student contribution amount (i.e. what you owe for your studies), by the census date.

Some students can get a HECS-HELP loan to pay their student contribution amount. Other students will need to organise to pay this amount upfront.


The University offers a small number of CSPs and they are allocated each year on the basis of academic merit. The selection process is managed centrally by Coursework Scholarships Office (CSO) with all eligible candidates automatically considered.
For further details, please refer to Postgraduate Commonwealth Supported Places page and direct all enquiries to