Matt Davis is a senior human resources consultant at ANU College of Law.
1. What brought you to ANU?
I was the former owner/operator of the Street Theatre Café. On my last day, one of my regulars, who happened to be a College General Manager (at ANU), put me in touch with the HR Manager at the time and I started two months later. I've now worked in every College at ANU except the College of Business and Economics (where I got my degree), the Central HR division twice and a centre. ANU College of Law is the second College I have worked at twice.
2. What’s your favourite spot on campus?
3. How do you relax away from university?
Sports with my kids and my hobby
4. What was your dream job as a child?
Starting point guard for the Seattle Supersonics
5. If you could meet one historical figure, who would it be?
Depending on your definition of ‘historical’, Michael Jordan
6. Who’s your favourite fictional character?
7. What’s a project or hobby you’re currently working on that motivates you?
8. What’s your favourite quote?
“Don’t half-ass two things: whole-ass one thing.”
9. What was the last book you read?
Cooking with Dad with my six-year-old daughter
10. What’s an underrated movie?
We Were Soldiers (2002)
11. What’s your favourite dish?
12. What inspired you to pursue your professional field?
The thirst for solving complex, human-related problems
13. What’s your favourite song or playlist to work to?
Too many to list
14. What’s the secret to working from home successfully?
I was moved to essential services last year during lockdown and have not worked from home. I can learn everybody else’s secrets if ever needed.
See more Humans of ANU Law here