1. Tell us a bit about yourself including what brought you to ANU.
I'm from India and have lived in a bunch of different places. I came to ANU for the chance to work with great colleagues and students.
2. What inspired you to become an academic?
I decided to give it a shot after my LLM during which I enjoyed writing research assignments and interacting with academics.
3. How do you relax away from university?
I go for walks or watch cricket.
4. What was your dream job as a child?
To be a doctor - mostly trying to emulate my father so it wasn't so original.
5. If you could meet one historical figure, who would it be?
No one. It is often disappointing to actually meet people you had read about and admired.
6. Who’s your favourite fictional character?
7. What’s a project or hobby you’re currently working on that motivates you?
I'm working on a book on diversity in corporations. It motivates me on most days.
8. What’s your favourite quote?
"Major Major never sees anyone in his office while he's in his office."
9. What was the last book you read?
When the Apricots Bloom by Gina Wilkinson.
10. What’s an underrated movie?
Newton (2017), an Indian movie about elections in a sensitive area.
11. What’s your favourite dish?
12. What are you most looking forward to about Canberra?
Getting to know the ANU campus and people. Also, flat roads. (Auckland is quite hilly).
13. What’s your favourite song or playlist to work to?
'Duke's Place' by Louis Armstrong.
14. What’s a skill you’d like to learn?
I can't think of anything at this point but I'm sure there's plenty.
15. What’s the secret to successful online teaching/research?
Taking breaks outdoors. Getting to online conferences so I don't feel cut-off from the world.
See more Humans of ANU Law here