Student representation in class is an important component of the teaching and learning process at the ANU College of Law. A class representatives is a student who is enrolled in a class and who is responsible for representing the cohort of that class. There is a University wide policy on Class Representatives to standardise the practice of appointing student class representatives by ANU Colleges and Schools and ensure course conveners engage and respond to student feedback. The procedures governing the application of this policy are set out in the Procedure: Class Representatives.
- All LAWS coded LLB and JD compulsory courses will have Class Representative Blocks and a Course Representative Nomination Sign-up tool on the course WATTLE sites. Students can nominate themselves or another student and vote via the selection tool. Nominations and voting opens from two weeks prior to the start of the semester and closes at the end of Week Two of semester.
- Where there are more than the required number of nominations, the ANU College of Law will select the class representative with consideration given to the diversity of the student cohort.
- Representatives are appointed and details published on the relevant Course WATTLE Site by the end of Week Three of semester and the list is provided to course convenor, ANUSA/PARSA and the College AD(E).
- For courses that do not have a class representative, students are provided with a link to our student feedback form on WATTLE under Course Assistance to submit their feedback to the College to escalate their academic concerns.
- It is the College’s expectation that all appointed class representatives undergo the training provided by ANUSA/PARSA.
- By the end of Week Four of semester, a meeting between the AD(E), course convenors and class representatives will be scheduled to outline expectations, discuss how feedback is collected and communicated to the course convener, escalation processes and available support structures.
- It is the expectation of the ANU College of Law that course convenors actively engage with their class representatives and the feedback provided.
- A meeting in Week Eight of semester will be scheduled for the class representatives, AD(E) and the College Student and Education Support team to provide an opportunity for the class representatives to provide any updates or feedback during the second half of the semester. Please note, this meeting is optional and scheduled only if requested from the class representatives.