Joseph Lee is a PhD candidate at ANU College of Law.
1. Tell us a bit about yourself including what brought you to ANU.
I am a naturalised Aussie born and raised in Malaysia. I was drawn to ANU by its prestige.
2. What do you enjoy most about the ANU College of Law?
Its research culture
3. What is your favourite spot on campus?
The newly constructed mini ‘lagoon’ near Kambri
4. How do you relax away from university?
5. How would you describe Canberra in three words?
Heart of Australia
6. What inspired you to pursue law?
I enjoy teaching law but later was told the only way to get into it on a full time basis is to get a PhD
7. What was your dream job as a child?
8. If you could meet one historical figure, who would it be?
9. Who’s your favourite fictional character?
10. What’s a project or hobby you’re currently working on that motivates you?
Cleaning my room
11. What’s your favourite quote?
12. What’s the secret to studying and working from home successfully?
I don’t have a suggestion for general application. For me, brisk walking and an afternoon nap help me to concentrate on my writing.
13. Who is someone you look up to?
No one, because we are all born differently. The Bible provides the guiding principles that I need.
14. What was the last book you read?
Penny Wong: Passion and Principle by Margaret Simons
15. What’s an underrated movie?
One that is shunned by its native country but famous in an unlikely nation
16. What’s your favourite dish?
Hainanese chicken rice
17. What’s your favourite place in Canberra to visit?
18. What’s our favourite song or playlist to work to?
19. What’s a skill you’d like to learn?
20. What advice would you give to others feeling uneasy during this time?
Be patient. There is a time for everything.
See more Humans of ANU Law here