1. Tell us a bit about yourself including what brought you to ANU.
I did my sabbatical here in 2018 and decided I loved it so much that I just had to come back permanently
2. What do you enjoy most about working at the ANU College of Law?
I love the people, campus and cold weather (seriously!)
3. What is your favourite spot on campus?
Uni House beer garden on a Friday afternoon
4. How do you relax away from university?
Watching old westerns and film noir classics in front of an open fire with my husband
5. How would you describe Canberra in three words?
Open, liveable, clean
6. What inspired you to pursue academia?
The possibility to make an impact in a creative and meaningful way
7. What was your dream job as a child?
8. If you could meet one historical figure, who would it be?
Margaret Thatcher when she was in her 30s
9. Who’s your favourite fictional character?
Elizabeth Bennet (no contest!)
10. What’s a project or hobby you’re currently working on that motivates you?
I bought a dilapidated old church in the Southern Monaro (for the price of a really bad used car) and I am slowly saving it
11. What’s your favourite quote?
"Sorry doesn't get it done, Dude" - Rio Bravo (1959)
12. What’s the secret to working from home successfully?
Make the set-up as close as possible to your work setting
13. Who is someone you look up to?
Elizabeth Warren (I love her mantra: Do your job!)
14. What was the last book you read?
I re-read A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute
15. What’s an underrated movie?
Rio Bravo (1959)
16. What’s your favourite dish?
Saturday night barbecue at home
17. What’s your favourite place in Canberra to visit?
Cycling around Lake Burley Griffin
18. What’s your favourite song or playlist to work to?
My Spotify list: StudyClassics
19. What’s a skill you’d like to learn?
20. What advice would you give to others feeling uneasy during this time?
Stay connected with family and friends. Asking for help is really important at times like this (as is offering to help).
See more Humans of ANU Law here