The ANU Law School, of the ANU College of Law, in association with the Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department, is proud to offer the Leslie Zines Constitutional Law Scholarship.
The Scholarship will support an ANU Law student to undertake a supervised internship of 10 weeks in the Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department. Subject to the operational needs of the Department, it is anticipated that 5 weeks will be spent in the Office of Constitutional Law and 5 weeks in the Office of General Counsel in the Australian Government Solicitor.
Funding for the award has been provided from the Leslie Zines Endowment, established in memory of Professor Leslie Zines AO, a former Dean of the ANU Faculty of Law and one of Australia’s leading constitutional law scholars.
Field of study
To be eligible a student needs to be enrolled full-time in a program of study leading to the award of either the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) or the on-campus Juris Doctor degree and have successfully completed the course Commonwealth Constitutional Law (LAWS2202/6202). Both domestic and international students are eligible. Applicants should have a strong academic record and can demonstrate in the application an interest in, and aptitude for, constitutional law.
Selection is made on the basis of academic merit and application. Applicants will:
- Have strong academic merit, with particularly emphasis on the achievement in constitutional law courses;
- Possess strong critical thinking, writing, and communication skills;
- Possess an interest in, and aptitude for, constitutional law.
- A 10 week supervised internship in a constitutional law area of the Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department during December 2019 – February 2020.
- $15,000 scholarship (normally used to assist with accommodation and day-to-day living expenses whilst undertaking the internship).
- The opportunity to experience realistic, high-level and varied legal work experience and gain an insight into the practice of constitutional law.
The Internship is for 10 weeks. Start and finish dates are flexible, but the program must be completed between December and February.
1 scholarship on offer
Once-off payment for full value
Monday 18 March 2019 - Sunday 7 April 2019
ANU College of Law Marketing and Communications team
+61 2 6125 4178 email@example.com