Roberta is a lawyer who has specialised in real property. Before gaining admission as a solicitor she worked, after a successful nineteen-year career in the education sector, for the ACT Administration and the Commonwealth variously as a policy adviser; consultant; speechwriter and researcher.
In 1992 Roberta was elected as a member of the second Legislative Assembly for the Australian Capital Territory and served as Speaker. She was re-elected in 1995 and was the Opposition spokesperson for Education and Sport and Chair of the Estimates Committee until she lost her seat in 1998.
Roberta has a strong commitment to volunteer activity and in 1990 was awarded an Order of Australia Medal for contribution to migrant services.
- On-line teaching.
- Practitioner/teacher training.
- Emerging legal identities.
- The history of conveyancing and Property law.
- Access to law and social justice
- ANU College of Law 2012 Award for Teaching Excellence - team teaching
- Order of Australia Medal 1990