It all began in a little town called Canberra...

ANU Law Staff Photos

In 1960, the Canberra University College Faculty of Law was officially incorporated into the ANU School of General Studies creating the ANU Faculty of Law. While the history of law at both ANU and Canberra University College extend back further – with Professor Geoffrey Sawer appointed the first Professor of Law in the ANU Research School of Social Sciences in 1950 - we celebrate 1960 as the anniversary of becoming a unified faculty.

Below are snapshots from history that help to tell our story.

 

Have we missed something? Get in touch to add to our timeline!