I joined the ANU in 2014 as a lecturer and teach Civil Litigation Practice and Banking and Finance Law (which I developed and designed in 2015). Prior to joining the ANU, I worked as a legal practitioner in private practice in the Australian Capital Territory for 12 years, predominantly as a litigation lawyer. My research interests relate to regulation within the Australian Financial System, with a focus on the Banking Executive Accountability Regime (BEAR), the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), the corporate culture in the banking sector more generally. I sit on the academic committee of the Banking and Financial Services Law Association (BFSLA).
- ANU College of Law - Scholarship Committee.
- Banking and Financial Services Law Association - Academic Committee.
- Australasian Law Teachers Association - Member.
- Corporate Law Teachers Association - Member.
- Women Lawyers Association ACT - Member.
Please note, only a small selection of recent publications and activities are listed below.
I am working on a research thesis which involves an investigation of the nature and purpose of banking regulation within the Australian Financial System (AFS), with a specific focus on the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
I am conducting further research relating to the AFS which considers the government’s new Banking Executive Accountability Regime (BEAR). I am exploring the potential impact of the BEAR on the AFS, analysing the comparative regime in the United Kingdom, and considering the BEAR in the context of corporate culture within Australia’s banking sector.
Conference papers & presentations
- Corporate Law Teachers Association (CLTA) Conference paper and presentation (2018), 'The Banking Executive Accountability Regime: An Attempt to Increase Accountability in Australia's Banking Sector'.
Internal ANU Committees
ANU College of Law Scholarship Committee.
Philosophy & approach
I convene and teach the Banking and Finance Law elective course within the GDLP/MLP program, which I developed and designed in 2015. I also convene and teach the Civil Litigation Practice course, which is part of the Professional Practice Core (PPC) within the GDLP program.
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility - Convenor (GDLP)
- Giving Voice to Values - Convenor (GDLP)
- Professionalism in Practice - Practice Mentor (GDLP)
- Wills Probate and Administration of Estates - Subject Mentor (GDLP)