Richard Refshauge BA(Hons) LLB graduated from the ANU and commenced private legal practice with local firm Macphillamy Cummins & Gibson. He became a partner in 1981 and senior partner in 1992. The firm merged with Sly & Weigell in 1994 and he became Chairman of the Canberra partners. The firm changed its name in 1995 to Deacons Graham & James.
In 1998, he was appointed the third ACT Director of Public Prosecutions and in 2008 appointed a Judge of the ACT Supreme Court.
Richard commenced part-time tutoring in the then Faculty of Law in about 1980. In 1987 he was responsible for the course in Practice and Procedure and since then has delivered lectures within that course and its replacement, Civil Litigation. He has been a guest lecturer in the ANU Legal Workshop and in criminal law classes. In 2001 he was appointed as Adjunct Professor, a position he continues to enjoy.
- Judge of the ACT Supreme Court (2008 - current)
- Adjunct Professor, ANU College of Law (2001 - current)
- ACT Director of Public Prosecutions (1998)
In the Media
- Practice and Procedure (1987) and since then has delivered lectures within that course and its replacement, Civil Litigation.
- He has been a guest lecturer in the ANU Legal Workshop and in criminal law classes.