- His Excellency Mr Jeffrey Bleich, US Ambassador to Australia
Jeffrey Bleich presented his credentials to Governor General Quentin Bryce on 26 November 2009, as the 24th American ambassador to the Commonwealth of Australia. On 11 September 2009, President Obama announced his intent to nominate Jeffrey Bleich to be the next US Ambassador to Australia.
Over the past year there has been much attention to policy issues involving scarcity of resources and sustainability in Australia. How do these issues play out when thinking about public law?
- Professor Michael Schmitt, University of Durham
- Dr Kota Fukui
Protecting civilians during violent conflict
This two-day conference will look at the dilemmas facing regular combatants as they confront enemies in the modern battlespace, and especially the complications arising from the new styles of confl...
- Hilary Charlesworth
Hilary Charlesworth is known internationally for her research, writing and commentary on human rights, women’s issues, feminism, international law and legal education.
Hilary is an Australian Research...
- Kim Rubenstein, Susan Harris-Rimmer, Simon Rice and Meghan Cooper
Join host Kim Rubenstein (ANU College of Law) and panellists Susan Harris Rimmer (ANU Centre for International Governance Justice), Simon Rice (ANU Law Reform and Social Justice Program) and Meghan Cooper (Australian National Committee for UN Women) to...
- Mary-Alice Arthur (SOAR, New Zealand)
- Lyn Stephens (Director, Australian Centre for Dialogue, ANU)
- Jill Currey (Manager, Leadership Programs, University of Tasmania)
- Mark Spain (Global Learning)
- John Donovan (Workshop 777)
- Aart Groothuis (Telling the Story)
Conversations are the lifeblood of our world
By using the word conversation we mean all the ways that we listen, speak and communicate meaning to each other. We believe that improvement in the quality of the conversations between citizens, co-...