- Marcelle Burns, University of New England
- Jennifer Nielsen, Southern Cross University
In this paper, we share our reflections on our success in using theory as a practice to challenge the wicked problem of racism in the law classroom.
- Professor Alex Sharpe
In recent years, the UK has witnessed a series of sexual offence prosecutions brought against young LGBT people (all of whom were designated female at birth) on the basis of so-called ‘gender fraud’.
- The Hon Michael Kirby AC CMG
- Professor Margaret Thornton
- Professor Margaret Davies
- Professor Simon Rice OAM
- Mr Julian Morrow
The National Law Reform Conference will be a forum for research about future directions in six key areas of law in society:
- civil obligations (e.g., tort, restitution, contracts, equity);
- environment (property,...
- The film will be followed by a discussion lead by Mary Spiers Williams, lecturer at the ANU College of Law.
Putuparri and the Rainmakers takes audiences on a rare and emotional journey to meet the traditional rainmakers of Australia’s Great Sandy Desert.
Ten years in the making, the film is an extraordinary eyewitness account of the living...
Use your skills and passion to improve law and promote social justice.
Law Reform and Social Justice activities in the ANU College of Law are focused on student-run projects, public events and community engagement, and a legal education through...
- Associate Professor Tilman Ruff AM, Dr Sue Wareham OAM and Professor Simon Rice
‘Nuclear disarmament is one of the greatest legacies we can pass on to future generations.’
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon
ANU Law Reform and Social Justice warmly invite you to the Canberra premiere of Peter Anthony’s The...
- Professor the Hon Gareth Evans AC QC FASSA FAIIA, Chancellor of The Australian National University
- Professor Simon Rice, OAM, Director of Law Reform & Social Justice, ANU College of Law
A conversation about human rights, international law, and world peace
Professor the Hon Gareth Evans AC QC FASSA FAIIA is Chancellor of the Australian National University. A federal MP for 21 years, in the Hawke and Keating Labor Governments...
- Dr Bidda Jones, Chief Scientist, RSPCA Australia and Professor Simon Rice, Director of Law Reform & Social Justice, ANU College of Law
ANU Law Reform and Social Justice warmly invite you to a Canberra community screening of Gabriela Cowperthwaite’s Blackfish.
Blackfish tells the story of Tilikum, a performing killer whale that killed several people while in...
- Former Reprieve interns Adam Ingle (Capital Appeals Project – 2013) and David Swan (Louisiana Capital Assistance Center – 2012)
Reprieve Australia advocates for the abolition of the death penalty and facilitates legal and humanitarian assistance to individuals facing the death penalty.
A key component of Reprieve is offering international internships in the United...
- Professor Simon Rice and student team leaders
From schools to prisons, legal centres to law...