Held each year in either Canberra or Wellington, the ANZSIL Conference is the principal forum for discussing research and issues of practice in international law in Australia and New Zealand.
- Vincent Bernard, editor in chief of the International Review of the Red Cross and head, ICRC Law and Policy Forum
- Hon Robert French AC, former Chief Justice of Australia and Chancellor, University of Western Australia
- Professor Campbell McLachlan QC, Victoria University of Wellington
- Professor Anne Orford, Redmond Barry Distinguished Professor; Michael D Kirby Professor of International Law; and ARC Kathleen Fitzpatrick Laureate Fellow, University of Melbourne
- Professor Yun Zhao, Head of Department of Law, University of Hong Kong
The international setting is transforming rapidly, with significant changes in the national political scene of many countries creating new challenges and opportunities for international law.
- A/Prof Balakrishnan Rajagopal
- Prof Kerrie Sadiq
- Prof Natasha Affolder
- Prof Tim McCormack
The ANU College of Law and the Centre for International and Public Law are very proud to support the 25th ANZSIL Conference: Sustaining the International Legal Order in an Era of Rising Nationalism.
- Sundhya Pahuja (University of Melbourne)
- Anthea Roberts (Australian National University)
- Marco Sassoli (University of Geneva)
- Richard Wilson (University of Connecticut)
The Conference theme is 'International Law of the Everyday: Fieldwork, Friction and Fairness'. In addition to a wide range of panels on topics reflecting this theme.
- Professor Douglas Arner, Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong
- Sir Kenneth Keith, Victoria University of Wellington
- Professor Mary Keyes, Griffith Law School, Griffith University
- Professor Gerry Simpson, Kenneth Bailey Professor of Law, University of Melbourne
The expansion and fragmentation of international law has brought a new complexity to international law-making.
- Hilary Charlesworth
- BS Chimni
- Dino Kritsiotis
- Joseph Weiler
The 22nd Annual Conference of the Australian and New Zealand Society of International Law (ANZSIL) will take place from Thursday, 3 July 2014 to Saturday, 5 July 2014 at University House at the Australian National University, hosted by the Centre for International and Public Law, ANU College of Law.
- Professor Harold Hongju Koh
The 21st Annual Conference of the Australian and New Zealand Society of International Law will take place from Thursday, 4 July 2013 to Saturday, 6 July 2013 at The Australian National University, Canberra. The conference will be hosted by the Centre for International and Public Law, ANU College of Law.