Fortnightly summary to GMs from Amanda Cox - Manager, Engagement, Communications & Marketing, Union Court Revitalisation.
The focus for the next two weeks includes continuing the demolition of Union Court and establishing the project building site. Post ANU Open Day (26 August), the demolition will enter a new phase and we expect noise impacts to increase with demolition of the Concessions building and Union Court bridge near Chifley Library.
- Demolition related noise impacts
Noise impacts are expected to increase with demolition of the Manning Clark Building, Concessions Building and Arts Centre.
- One-way access on North Road
North Road will remain a one-way road for the entire redevelopment. This will allow trucks to safely enter the Union Court site via Sullivans Creek Bridge.
Two week look ahead
Over the next two weeks, Lend Lease Building will focus on the following activities:
- Building works to install a new site compound and sheds behind the John Dedman Building
Week starting 28/08
- Continue perimeter fencing
- Services rough in to sheds and amenities
- Temporary Service rough in to perimeter fence; hydraulic and electrical.
Interface works (impacts to nearby building on site interface)
- Works to install new access to Chifley Library via Melville Hall and AD Hope building to be completed
- New viewing window and hoarding for the Sports Building - overlooking Sullivans Creek
- Water booster diversion works inside Health Building and outside North Rd
- External framing and cladding to PAP Moran.
- Manning Clark demolition complete to ground slabs
- Arts demolition to commence
- Union Building –soft strip out, scaffold to link bridge over Sullivans creek and commencement of bridge demolition works.
Week starting 28/08
- Works to divert high voltage line underneath Union Court commence
- In ground service mains isolations and disconnections to commence.
- Concessions demolition to commence – will be complete to ground slabs – requires rock hammer for the next week