Things that are currently under discussion or consideration at Executive meetings:
- College Financial Position – A report on our finances that was commissioned by the Executive Director Administration and Planning (EDAP) has now been completed, and awaits discussion with the University Executive.
- Building Renovation Plans – final costings are still being reviewed, prior to discussion with EDAP
- Post-Retreat Planning – the working party, consisting of the core Executive group together with Lynette du Moulin and Pauline Ridge, has met once to map out what needs to be done. A further meeting of the group is planned before we break at the end of the year.
- LLB(Hons) intake for 2017 – early signs indicate that first preference choices are down on last year’s numbers – but the real trend will not become apparent until secondary school results are released.
- College research support (JFRAs and ERPAs) – a further call for applications will be sent out.
- ANU Strategic Plan will be released early February 2017. Colleges are being asked to develop College-level plans in response; this will be on the Executive agenda early 2017.
- College response to an invitation from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to submit a proposal for development of a Graduate Diploma in Australian Migration Law and Practice to replace the existing Graduate Certificate
Dean, ANU College of Law