The fortnightly summary of matters being discussed by the College Executive team is as follows:
- College structure paper – now finalised and disseminated, for consultation and discussion at meetings next week.
- College strategic plan – the draft still in preparation. As noted in the previous update, each College has been asked to prepare a brief strategic plan that responds to aspects of the University Strategic Plan (released recently). Drafts are due in by mid-April. Ours will circulated within this College before then.
- Building renovation – I appreciate that this is sounding very repetitious, but the final budget for the building works is not yet finalised. A meeting with relevant parties has now been scheduled for 29 March at which I hope to get a final decision.
- Discussions with Chancellery regarding an academic appointment round are continuing.
- The Executive has discussed the ANU’s proposed involvement in stage II of the Knowledge Sector Initiative, a $60 million DFAT program that seeks to promote evidence-based policy in Indonesia. It was agreed that the ANU CoL would submit a range of expressions of interest in relation to the program, including on sentencing and capacity building.
- At our request the University has conducted an audit of our procedures for engaging contract staff to identify any problems. The results, with some recommendations for change at University and College level, will be considered by the University’s Audit and Risk Management Committee.
As always, feel free to speak to any member of the Executive group if you’d like further information or clarification about any of these matters.