The International Bar Association, together with The Australian National University, the Law Council of Australia, the ACT Law Society, the ACT Bar Association the Australian Academy of Law, will host a panel event to discuss findings from the IBA’s report Us Too? Bullying and Sexual Harassment in the Legal Profession. The landmark report analyses data collected from the largest-ever global survey on the prevalence, nature and impact of bullying and sexual harassment in the legal profession. The report also provides 10 recommendations to aid the profession's efforts to achieve meaningful change.
Doors open at 5pm for a 5.30pm start. Registration is free, but essential as seating is limited. The seminar will be followed by drinks and canapes.
'This important report is a clarion call for urgent action. I urge you to absorb its facts and findings and then make a difference.' Julia Gillard, Former Prime Minister of Australia
- Professor Sally Wheeler OBE MRIA FAcSS FAAL - Dean, ANU College of Law
- Kieran Pender - Legal Policy & Research Unit, International Bar Association
Panel moderated by
- Emerita Professor Margaret Thornton FASSA FAAL - Emerita Professor, ANU College of Law
- The Honourable Chief Justice Helen Murrell - Chief Justice, ACT Supreme Court
- John Wilson - Managing Director, Bradley Allen Love Lawyers
- Prue Bindon - Barrister, Key Chambers
- Emerita Professor Patricia Eastel AM - University of Canberra; Legal Light Bulbs
- Arthur Moses SC - President, Law Council of Australia