Sulari came to ANU to study astrophysics but left as a corporate lawyer before becoming an award winning writer. Under the pen name Sulari Gentill, she became the author of the Rowland Sinclair Mysteries – a series of historical crime fiction novels set in the 1930s, as well as the Hero Trilogy – fantasy novels based on the epics of the ancient world. To date, Sulari has ten published novels to her name with several more in progress.
- Shortlisted for the 2011 Commonwealth Writers’ Prize – Best First Book.
- Winner of the 2012 Davitt Award for Crime Fiction.
- Shortlisted for the 2015 Ned Kelly Award for Crime Fiction.
- Shortlisted of the 2015 ABIA Award for Best Adult Book.
- 2015 Eminent Writer in Residence at the Museum of Australian Democracy.