Other degrees: BEc (Hons) (Sydney), LLM (Cambridge)
Regarded as a legal pioneer in the development of climate change law, Martijn heads Baker McKenzie's Global Climate Change and Environmental Markets practice. He advises governments, multi-laterals and private clients on legal matters relating to climate change, environmental markets, sustainable development and conservation finance.
- Appointed a Member of the Order of Australia, for his service to environmental law, global regulation and public policy.
- Honorary Professor at the ANU College of Law.
- Director of the Clean Energy Finance Corporation and Chair of the NSW Climate Change Council.
- Director and Governor of the World Wildlife Fund Australia and Director of the Climate Council.
- Chairman and Director of the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (Arena) Board.