Christ's College Cambridge
Other degrees: BSc (Hons) (UNSW), PhD (Adelaide), DCL (Oxford), DPhil (Oxford)
Once a scientist with a doctorate in Chemistry, Jane’s transition to law has seen her become an internationally respected expert in areas including tort law and legal reasoning. Her work is cited by courts and law commissions and her teaching takes her around the globe.
- An Emeritus Fellow of Balliol College, Oxford and the first woman elected an Honorary Fellow of St John's College, Cambridge.
- The first non-US recipient of the Prosser Award (2013), from the Association of American Law Schools.
- An Honorary Bencher of Gray's Inn and a Council Member of the American Law Institute (the only non-US Council Member).
- A Corresponding Fellow of the British Academy and Fellow of the Australian Academy of Law.
- Former Distinguished Professor at the ANU College of Law and University of Texas School of Law.
- Emerita Professor at the ANU College of Law.