The ANU College of Law is led and governed by a nine-member Executive Team. Together, the Executive is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the College, and ensuring the effective management of College activities at operational and tactical levels.
In 2017, the ANU College of Law Executive Team consists of:
- Professor Stephen Bottomley – Dean
- Professor Peta Spender – Deputy Dean
- Ms Di Stewart – General Manager
- Associate Professor Miriam Gani – Head of School
- Associate Professor Anthony Connolly – Assistant Head of School
- Associate Professor Wayne Morgan – Associate Dean (Education)
- Professor Andrew Macintosh – Associate Dean (Research)
- Associate Professor Jolyon Ford - Associate Dean (International)
- Dr Skye Saunders – A/g Director, ANU Legal Workshop
- Lynn DuMoulin - Associate Director, ANU Legal Workshop
Placing a strong emphasis on collegiality and consultation, the Executive Team regularly seeks input from staff, students, alumni and other areas of the University to ensure the College reflects and responds to the needs of our stakeholders. In addition, we work closely with a diverse range of external organisations and institutions in the Australian legal community and legal education sector.
Through its unique structure, the ANU College of Law not only ensures our students understand how law is formed, interpreted and applied, but prepares and equips them for professional practice.
The ANU College of Law is comprised of:
- the Law School, responsible for the our undergraduate, postgraduate and HDR programs, including the Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Juris Doctor and Master of Laws; and;Higher Degree Research
- ANU Legal Workshop, one of Australia’s longest serving and largest providers of Practical Legal Training, including the Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice and the Master of Legal Practice.
Research, outreach and community engagement activities span the College as whole, and involve members from both the Law School and ANU Legal Workshop.